Friday, March 9, 2012

Took some days off

There is a reason for me to not have written for so long. There is, I swear, I didn't leave you dangling because I think that's a very nice thing to do. 

There's a few reasons, actually. First of all, I've been too busy with school, tests and chemistry and maths tutoring lessons and so on; secondly, I have been running out of a machine because my father did not bring me a new film roll for my Pentax, and my normal camera has got nothing interesting to shoot. Yeah, that kinda makes part of the third reason: My life has been the most uninteresting thing ever and I don't want you to get bored for reading bored things. Or for reading nothing, since there's nothing worth to post. 
And now, I found time to let you, my dear reads, know how much I'm sorry for this long absence.

I don't have any news, except for telling you that the purchase of the fabrics for my prom dress was successfully completed (I did not buy the exact color I wanted for my long skirt - the dress is divided into two parts: the top and the skirt) and I might go to the first fitting later this week-end, so I'm really exited.

I designed my own dress, so I'm totally relaxed and not worried about having the bad luck of having someone with the same dress as me. I don't have the portfolio with me, so I can not scanner it for you, but I'll leave you some dressed on which I based my design, so you have just an idea.

I based my corset on this one (sorry for being so small, but it has bad quality)


And I chose the corset's fabric from this one


The back and the sleeves

 

The general structure and the skirt.

The color I wanted for the skirt was nude pink, but I did not find it, so it ended up for being just pink. Or dirt pink, I'm not sure.

Ok, here's a post. I'll post the pictures from my prom, which is happening on 22 March.

Love you all, xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment